J Hook, Medium yarn (Red Heart is great)
KEY: CH = Chain; SC = Single Crochet; DC = Double Crochet; HDC = Half-Double Crochet
1. CH multiples of 2, then +1
2. In 2nd CH from hook, pull through a loop and do HALF a SC, so that you have 2 loops on hook.
3. Go into next CH, pull up another loop & DC
4. CH 1 and repeat until the end of the row
Next row, work into the large holes (or butterfly wings)
5. Insert hook into first large space/wing, pull up a loop
6. Half SC through that loop like before (2 loops on hook still)
7. Insert hook into second large space/wing & pull up a loop
8. DC, CH1
9. Repeat steps 5-8 until the end
10. At last space, complete a FULL butterfly stitch (steps 5-8 in that one last space)
Repeat until you complete your project!
Supernatural with Ashley Flowers podcast (E66, June 2, 2021)
Fifty Years Later, Silver Bridge Disaster Remembered
West Virginia Department of Transportation: Silver Bridge
Did legendary Mothman first appear near Elk River Trail?
The Legend of the Mothman: Agent of Destruction or Harbinger of Doom?
Return of the Mothman
4 Alleged Mothman Sightings That Preceded Disasters
The frightening supernatural story of the Black Bird of Chernobyl
Questionable Winged Sightings
Chernobyl staff 'saw infamous Mothman flying over reactor' just before deadly explosion
Mothman (for festival)